Wednesday 9 November 2016

The not-so interesting Tumblr

The app that I chose for my assignment this week is Tumblr. Basically Tumblr is a blog website that lets you easily share anything from texts, photos, quotes, links, music and videos from any internet browsing device. From what I could research Tumblr seems to be steadily growing in popularity from 19.1 million bloggers in 2015 to 320.5 million to date. Due to this rapid growth I believe it has staying power. I find the app pretty interesting, I like how you can find all of your interests on the site from funny memes and text posts to reading peoples personal blogs. Although, in saying that, I don't think I would keep using this app.
Tumblr wasn't very user friendly compared to the other social media apps that I use such as Facebook and Instagram. People using the Tumblr app can comment, re-blog or share anything from anyone in the worlds blog. With Facebook you have to actually be somebodies friend and on Instagram you have to accept that individuals following request if you have a private account. I just find those types of social media more easily accessible and convenient. Tumblr just wasn't for me.


2 comments:

  1. Definitely agree with your opinion on tumblr, I could never get into using it. Facebook & Instagram were much easier for me to use and more private.

    ReplyDelete