Saturday 3 December 2016

Life with a Morkie

This is my girl, Kaiah. Isn't she the sweetest?
Kaiah is a one and a half year old Morkie, which people refer to as designer dogs. Morkie's are half Maltese, half Yorkshire Terrier. They usually range from 4-12 pounds, and their coat is usually long and soft. Their ears can either be pointy like a Yorkie or floppy like a Maltese. My pups are floppy like a Maltese. Kaiah is super playful and loves attention, but what dog doesn't? She loves when you stand  up bottles and she knocks them over with her paws like bowling pins, it's too cute. Whenever I have to go in the car and I ask if she wants to go, she knows exactly what I'm talking about and will run right to the car barking. Same goes for when she has to get brushed, groomed (which she doesn't like so much) or getting a treat. She will also let you know when she is hungry, she will go out and scratch at the dog food cupboard filled with treats and her dog food. She also hides her toys/treats in strange places for days and then goes and cries and makes us move whatever it is so she can get to it, she is too smart lol. When my last dog passed away my parents agreed there was no more dogs coming into the house, until they seen this one. She looked just like my old dog Riley, and they just had to get her. Not a day goes by that we don't regret making the decision of making her an important part of our family!


2 comments:

  1. Niddles! hahah.. I agree, she definitely loves/demands attention, I need to see her soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rebecca, she is so adorable. Its such a great feeling when you find a pup that has such an amazing personality. My pup is 5 now, but still acts like he is 1 lol. When I give him a bone, he'll take it into one of my kids room and bark at it. Dogs are such amazing animals and are so loyal to thier owners. Glad to hear you're an animal lover, it says alot about a person

    ReplyDelete